August Dobiaschofsky opened an art store later transformed into a gallery, In 1923 before the First World War. In 1959, they carried out the first art and antique auction. After approximately 70 auction sales over the following 3 decades, in 1989, the Dobiaschofsky Gallery found in Marius J. Heer the new owner with four art historians and a committed team. During the most recent annual auction sales that took place early May and early November, around 4000 items were auctioned, including Swiss artworks, international paintings, modern illustrations, posters, antiques and jewellery. Dobiaschofsky Auktionen AG is located on Monbijou street. their house has its own framing workshop and is noted as one of the most reputable Swiss addresses in the painting, graphic art and antique field.